Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chickadees are predators of mason bees

Hi Margriet,

I took the images of the Quicklock trays in the Highrise that have popped open.
As you can see there are a few empty holes now that previously had been full. It must be the chickadee as you suggested.

Do you think it is too risky for me to try to tape it tight again? I dont want to squish them but they are completely exposed now.

Your bee-loving friend, Eve


Hi Eve, I would not try and tape the nesting trays at this stage.  When they are done flying turn the trays so they are facing inwards- then the chickadees can't get at the larvae.
Margriet

Quicklock Trays in a HIghrise showing tape has loosened
around nesting trays.
Brilliant!

That's why you have a Phd  and I don't. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment